Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Yoga Pants are Crying






Besides a couple of Just Dance 3 dance-offs with my hubs and a tennis victory (yes...a 3.0 victory...a miracle for my 2.0 skill self), there has been no gym time in the past couple weeks...my yoga pants are so sad. These e cards are sooo funny, I swear sometimes I just get on the app to find funny ones for different friends or Andrew.
Lauren and I will be hitting the gym in the morning. Praying for us, FAC and J Lopez to have the strength to make it through. J Lo, preach it to me hermana: "You Can Go Hard or You Can Go Home"
On a lighter note...




I mean really...really...could he be cuter?!




My sweet date to a teacher appreciation dinner. My student's church put on a really nice evening in which this sweet looking face raised straight hell in their Mormon house of worship...banging on the table, spitting strawberries out on the floor, yelling "no no" as the bishop is speaking... I asked the student who invited me if we were embarrassing him, he said no, it made him happy...A+ for that boy!! The kids were asked to come up to the podium and tell why they chose their teacher. James's speech started as "Mrs. Dolan is a really busy teacher, I like her tests but some of her questions are lame like "what classroom is this or what's my baby's name" (cue red face and Miller started clapping), continued with "she really cares about all her kids except Lach who she yells at everyday" (where is a rock to crawl under) but ended with him pulling out this paper out of his pocket and proceeded to tell everyone that "Mrs. Dolan really loves us, in an assignment I wrote some personal stuff and she wrote this on the back (holding my breathe, searching for my Harry Potter invisible cloak and planning my escape route with Miller): ...I'm impressed with your attitude inside and outside the classroom. You are a fabulous person. Thank you for being such a great bulldog." He said it meant so much to him (choke down an ugly cry especially since he is one of the most quiet kids in my room). I am notorious for being a very slow grader of all papers but this reminded me it's okay. I try to write comments on all the kids papers but wasn't sure if they even read them, I'm glad they do.
P.S. In my defense, Lach drives me insanely batty and does the worst impression of me I have ever heard. The boy knows how to press my buttons and I let him win which annoys me more. Secondly in my defense, I do have one or two gimme questions on assessments except in AP. I'm not above a little humor in tests and you would be shocked at how many kids miss those questions. Oh my dear, sweet kids...thanks for another good reason to giggle.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Stephanie B said...

:) That's a cute story! I think you must be a great teacher, because that really is a nice thing to write on a students test! Good for you, and I'm glad you were appreciated. Oh, and i never make it to the gym either. Your posts crack me up!