Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Miller's Little Man Party

Yay!!  The pics are here and as always Chris Stinson wowed us with all the happy moments and sweet faces he captured.  The first couple of pics are not his, but from my high tech camera on my iPhone.


Prepare yourself, this post is very picture heavy, but I just couldn't narrow it down. It would probably be better to divide the post into two but who has time for that when you have a ridiculous Pinterest Valentine Wreath that needs finishing.


Here are the invites while we were putting them together.  Brooke, of course, came up with this fabulous idea!  If you ever need some nice ties and want to spend literally a $1, head on over to Goodwill.  We couldn't believe how many designer ties there were (as well as some pretty unfortunate ties that were hard to imagine anyone wearing).  It was so much fun picking each necktie for the party attendees' invite.  


I have a real obsession with all things houndstooth so the liner was a no-brainer.






Party Pictures Compliments of Chris Stinson Photography






The Fingerstache Tattoo Station

The Photo Booth is Open





Favor Table with Wolly Willy for the boys & Hair-Do Harriet for the girls (will always be one of my favorite toys, classic).

Love this face ... and her beard too.

My Little Man: The Birthday Boy



Rocking a fingerstache

The names of the different mustache styles were hysterical: the professor, the crybaby, makeout bandit, 8th grade bully (just a few stray hairs at different lengths, ha), rich uncle... the list goes on and on in hilarity.


Please notice the pink stache on Matthew's momma

Playing with the boys

1st Grade Buddies

 Love that pouty face

Looking at our baby boys, just hard to believe they are one year old.  Seems like yesterday we were both enjoying extended stays at Willow Creek.  My dear Sarah was there at midnight with her mom the night we were admitted.  PTL for my family and besties.


The Dolan Three

Oh our sweet Jolly Ollie!  We can't wait to celebrate your birthday this weekend!!

The Petersons, thanks for opening your home for the party venue!! Shea is wearing one of my favorite shirts.  Cheers to our Miller!

Sweet Claire Baby

Some of my dear students attended, they love their little bulldog so much.  The boys did not want to do the photo booth... I bribed them with some bonus points.



Love, love, love them in the bottom corner of the frame!!

My Girls! (we were missing a couple)



 Playing with the Uncs: Matt & Jake


I could just kiss those cheeks forever!

These two LLOOVVEE each other.

Porter Mills: getting so big, so fast!!


Our beautiful niece Liv

The Dolan Trio: These cousins are so funny together!  Miller watches Graham's every move.  I can only imagine the mischief these two will get into through the years.  Olivia, it will be your job to keep them in line!

Brooksy with his daddy

Bennett the Ladies Man with his Poppy

They look so grown!!

Knox & Karrie: Could he be any cuter?! 

Love these ladies!!

Ava & Bennett: Like I said that sweet boy is a ladies man...he has stolen the baby girl hearts as well as our hearts!

Ahh!!

Ava and Bennett's Mimi: Those eyes are beyond beautiful!

Daddy feeding M some Chik-fil-a

Eyelashes, eyelashes, eyelashes

I am the luckiest momma in the world

I wouldn't say Miller was cake crazy.

I teared up no less than 85 times that day.  When we all sang him Happy Birthday my heart swelled tenfold. 

He was so reserved, he never really dug in or made a mess.


The many faces of the birthday boy:





At some point I had gone across the room to visit with some friends, I heard Chris call my name and when I turned around I witnessed the little prince being fed by all his girlfriends.  Lyla was feeding him handfuls of icing and then would lick anything he didn't eat. Priceless!  KB and the others joined in the fun.  Shortly after, the sugar rush turned into a sugar crash.  



Be Still My Heart

It seems Olivia came into our lives yesterday, then I blinked and she is 10.  She is becoming such an amazingly beautiful young lady.

My Bulldogs

M's necktie birthday banner

The day was perfect, I could not have wished it to be any other way (except our parents not being able to attend due to travel and surgery).  Miller's first birthday was filled with love and laughter shared by his baby besties and our family and friends.  Thank you all for celebrating Miller's first birthday with us.  

Andrew and I have always considered ourselves a family unit and with the addition of Miller, our hearts are full to the brim with love for the little family we have.  

We are blessed...so very blessed!

Lots of love,
Ali

No comments: