Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Importance of Blog Updating

Back in January, on my first day back to school, I was listening to a riveting professional development training on teacher evals (the flow chart of this eval looked like Hilary Clinton's health care plan from the 90s) when I received a comical text from my friend Lauren. She asked me if I wanted to be her exercise buddy for 5 am workouts. I am 99% sure I laughed out loud but no one heard it over the dull roar of the trash whispering the teachers were doing about the lady in front grinning ear to ear about failing every teacher on earth. Lauren knows I am not a morning person and I know she isn't either but as Miller was approaching his first birthday I could feel the absurdity of still claiming baby weight. So...I sent her a text back and said I'd give it a shot. Fast forward to the end of February and we just left the gym. I'm not saying we are 5 times a weekers but we go at least a couple times each week and it really makes my day start out great. I'm mainly on the eliptical which is the whole point of this blog post, the importance of updating your blog. This is when I do my best blog stalking and when I look at the machine screen 30 minutes may have passed without me even looking up. But...if y'all aren't updating then I have nothing to read and the workout is a drag so if you don't mind, please keep those blogs current, you can count it as charity work:) Three or four sidenotes: My friend Lauren is about 26 weeks preg and still kicking tail in the gym, pretty awesome and inspiring! I went to Body Attack on Tuesday. It's ridiculous and I pretty much can't breathe the entire time. I stepped out early because I'm pretty sure the room was spinning and honestly it was about time to go anyways. I was waiting on the couch for Lauren when one of the instructors came up to me to give me a pep talk. I can't really remember what she said but the message was pretty clear "keep trying chubster, you will eventually survive the class." Will never be showing my face in that class again. If you are on an eliptical row with like 85 machines and they are all empty but your's, why must someone come get on the one next to you?! Dude, don't you know gym etiquette?! I prefer you don't listen to me sing into my earbuds. And of course I have to post a pic of this sweet face. He is getting so big and starting to act so big. The other day I went to kiss his precious face. He put up his hand to me and said "no no momma"...ugh, I thought I had a couple more years until that started, dang it. Goodness he is cute though!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Boni Williamson said...

I love reading your blog. It's always sprinkled with funnies! :)

Miller is absolutely precious and so was his party!

Michelle said...

I have gotten the "sweetie are you sure you're okay? Your face is really red" in the middle of body attack! And that was when I was in shape! Maybe one day I can start meeting you! I'm paying $70 a month for absolutely nothing right now!

Anonymous said...

Love It! I know all those people at the gym are scared I'm going to go into labor any minute! Btwn my weird lady and the instructor we've both made new friends! Ha!