Friday, December 23, 2011

So Very Joyful


What a wonderful holiday season it has been so far!! I would love to say my house is in perfect condition, holiday goodies are baked and every present is wrapped and under the tree...not the case, but we have had such a great few days, my to-do list isn't scaring me. Christmas vacation started Wednesday for myself and my Bulldog family; we were all ready for a break from academia and I know we will all come back fresh and ready to go. A short trip to see my grandparents, holiday parties and Christmas Eve Eve grocery and stocking stuffer shopping have filled our time (someone remind me next year that shopping on Christmas Eve Eve is not for the faint of heart and let's be honest...I am of the faint at heart). I will post pics from all of our happenings after Christmas.


One of my absolute FAVORITE things about the holidays is Christmas cards. Some would now argue that Facebook and other social media have taken the fun out of the holiday card but I would beg to differ. Yes, we look at pics of friends and family every time we check status updates but there is something classic and warming about the holiday card, just like receiving a handwritten note or thank you card. I will always hold firm that Christmas cards should be sent every year no matter how much social media hangs out in our daily life. It was extra special to Andrew and I this year as we were able to show off our little shorty. Chris Stinson is the photographer for our cards. We love Chris and have a great appreciation for his talent. Here is the front and back of the card:



Andrew and I are so excited about the first Christmas with our son. I hope everyone has a so very Merry Christmas with family and friends!!

No comments: