Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Decor Part 1

My sweet boy(11 months old today) has been pretty sick. Our big job this week as parents was to learn how to use a nebulizer to help M breath better. It is certainly helping him and he and I both cry a little less during the treatments as time goes on (the first time we gave it to him I think I cried as hard as he did). Even though it's tough watching your kids get sick during the winter we know we are extremely lucky that this is what we are dealing with as linked to his prematurity. We remind ourselves we could be in a much harder position had he not done so well in the NICU.

Anyways, between Miller bring sick and Christmas card season for Razzberry Ink, I haven't had much time to decorate. I was finally able to get on the ball this weekend.

Our mantle:



I painted the Santa onto plywood I found in our garage...Pinterest inspired of course...

Our family tree:



I wanted to get a taller tree this year. I am honesty glad I didn't now but will definitely need it next year:)


I lloovvee ribbon, can you tell?!


My new tree topper


I sewed this tree skirt for us. I have always had a hard time trying to find a skirt I love so it made more sense to make it this year. Monogram It in Springdale did the name embroidering.



Maybe I should put plastic ornaments on the bottom...

Our banister:
Usually my banister is wild with glitter twigs and sprigs but I was getting burnt out on it and now with Rollin Dolan, I just didn't think glitter all over the floor was a good idea. In past holidays, Andrew and I battled over family ornaments on the Christmas tree. The compromise was two trees, but this year I had an idea. I decided we would put all our family ornaments on the banister garland. I really loved how it turned out (even with the Hallmark ornaments). Here are some of my favs:



From my first Christmas



Hop on Pop. Andrew gave me this ornament one year before we were engaged and said he hoped that would be him with our kids some day...I love that man!!



Hootie Hoo!!



1st Christmas ornament for Miller from Mom Sylvia. She gave us our first married Christmas ornament six years ago and now a pram for our Miller. These have so much importance to me and I love a daily reminder of Mom.



I saved the best for last. It isn't vintage but it is certainly a family ornament. Being in the hospital during the holidays last year made gift purchasing a little difficult. My sweet friends and family would go shopping for me and if it wasn't local I could order online. I had gotten stuck on one present. Andrew and I have given each other an ornament on Christmas for around a decade now. There are some beautiful ornaments, funny ornaments and inside joke ornaments...but this one is the best of the best and I cannot take credit for it. I sent Brooke out on a mission to find Andrew an ornament with no idea in mind. She said she searched and searched with no luck. She was walking by the personalized ornament kiosk in the mall and that is when she spotted it. It was an "our new home" ornament. Since #20 at Willow Creek had become our home for six weeks, this was absolutely perfect. She had the worker put the year and #20 on the door. We will never forget that holiday, that year, that adventure...and there isn't a better way to reminisce and recall gratitude for our blessings (and of course some good laughs) then this ornament. We love!!!

Have lots more fun to blog once we get out of finals week. I just can't believe Miller is 11 months!!! *I think I say that every month!!!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: