Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Decor: Pugly


Oh my goodness Pinterest!! When I first stumbled upon the website I am thinking..."Wow, this makes me feel like a terrible cook and that my house needs a complete revamp...and I don't do enough in my day." Then my panic subsided and I found some really great ideas, classroom festivities and low key meals, crafts, etc. that I could manage. *Let's all remember though that my first Pinterest recipe testing almost burned down a friend's new home.

When the holidays rolled around, it got a little Pugly (when Pinterest takes over your existence) with a list of ideas a mile long, but I was able to complete a few and include Miller in the festivities.

Idea One: 1st Christmas Ornament

Why You Really Should Think Before You Tackle This One:

Much mischief will take place...how long does it take to respool rolls and rolls of ribbon? Quite awhile!
Paint in the hand of a 10 month old. I think I am still finding little dots of blue paint on my clothing and the floor.

Why It is Completely Worth It: Because there is nothing sweeter than a baby's chubby soft little hands!


Idea Two: Reindeer Feet on Canvas

Why You Really Should Think Before You Tackle This One:

I am just grateful brown is a fantastic accent color to my tan carpet.
Nothing like freaking out the kids when the paint turns the water brown in the bathtub. Nothing like scrubbing your bathtub for a lengthy amount of time.

Why It is Completely Worth It:


It just doesn't get much more cute than these? Another great personalized Christmas item to enjoy for years to come.

Other Pinterest Ideas:


North Pole Breakfast courtesy of our Elves on the Shelves. I cannot take any credit for this, was only the beneficiary. The Peterson girls have some very crafty and clever elves. I have heard many mommas say their elves are living at the Peterson's next year.

Frames for ornaments on the tree. We did this for Miller's tree this year. I absolutely loved the idea and think we will continue to do this every Christmas by adding onto it. Can you imagine how fun it will be as the years go on??


Natural wrapping with pics for labels. Andrew claimed even on Christmas Day that he didn't understand the labeling system, made me giggle. The recipient of gift had a picture of them from the year. This was a one time only deal. Really really pretty, took a lot of time.
Cranberry Christmas Margaritas. A hit at both holiday parties we hosted. I took the original recipe from Pinterest and added Sunkist to it (the secret weapon to any delicious margarita). We included vintage paper straws from Hey YoYo with PDF printable flags that I personalized for each party.

I also got the idea from Pinterest for the mantle Santa painting I posted last week. One thing I did not complete but will make sure I do next year is a birthday cake for Baby Jesus. I think it is the perfect way to help explain to a child the meaning of Christmas.

Will it ever get Pugly in my house again for the holidays? No, honestly I don't think it will. I was on the adrenaline high of "It's Miller's First Christmas." But, I guess you just never know!








No comments: