Saturday, July 25, 2009

Viva La Mexico!

Hola!  Andrew and I had such a blast in Cozumel, Mexico with Jake and Matt this week.  The hotel was fantastic, the snorkeling was great and it was so nice just to relax and have drinks by the pool.  Although we had the best time, there is no place like home and I am so glad to be back in Fayetteville with Bear Dolan!  We are eating Stone Mill, catching up on the DVR, doing laundry and getting ready for our favorite Dolan clan to come visit tonight.  Our niece Olivia is going to spend the week with us.  I am very excited to hang with one of my favorite people!  I took only about a million pics in Cozumel and below are some of my favorites.  Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Love, Ali

View of one of the pools from our balcony
This is Noemi, our favorite waitress!  We loved her!!!
I was so proud of Andrew for wearing a swimsuit that wasn't red!  That is all he ever wants to wear!!  
Dinner at Casa La Mission
Tacky tropical shirt night.  If not for the shirts, the boys could have been mistaken for the cartel:)
Hammock + Ocean = Heaven
How many times can I say I love my husband!
The hotel had a band out on the beach one night.  The Waco girls and I decided to get a pic with them.  They probably thought we were groupies.
Shopping in town 
Results of lots of time together...
Enjoying a drink at Fat Tuesday's
The square in Cozumel
Girls we met from Waco and the Donatello Disco Bar Waitress, Eugenia.  We decided she looked like Rosario from Will and Grace.
We had a great time spending the afternoon snorkeling
The boat we took to go snorkeling.  They took us to two different snorkeling locations then the beach where they grilled burgers for us and played on their waterslides and trampolines.
My only complaint was that the hotel food was tragic.  In the morning I loaded up my bag with Fruit Loops.  I lived off those and Cheez Its.  Amazed to say I lost weight on a trip!!!!
We went to the hotel restaurant one night.  We didn't know they had a dress code, meaning no shorts.  Andrew was denied entrance so they made him wear a pair of hotel pants.  These were his shorts they wouldn't let him wear.
These were the hotel pants he had to wear.  We laughed so hard we cried.  Hotel high standards?
On the balcony before dinner
Spent a lot of time at the pool reading.  Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews is one of my new favorites.  She is one of my favorite authors and it is her new book.
Playing water BINGO.  We all one once, prizes including a frisbee, a water bottle, and a silver rusted dolphin bracelet.  Score!
Morning time in Cozumel
Jake's facial feelings about the food
We had a great time!  Matt and Jake were so much fun to vacation with!




No comments: