Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Lovin'

I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I had more energy to blog during the school year than I have had this summer.  When I say I am trying to enjoy every moment with Miller, I mean it (that also includes his nap time when I scramble to run around the house and take care of laundry, organizing, etc.)!! I have never slept better in my entire life!!

It's been so nice staying on top of laundry, grocery shopping and just hugging on my little man all day that I told Andrew he may have to drag me back to work in August.  He said we may have to have someone else do it because he has enjoyed it just as much.  So as of now, I have Elizabeth scheduled to pick me up on August 14th, ha!! As much as I love it though, I'm sure I will be excited to get my next batch of Bulldogs when summer is over!

 I am convinced I am going to live this summer to the fullest and so far so good.  M and I have spent lots of time at the pool with friends, swim lessons, meeting new buddies, eating popsicles, going to the Splash Park, etc. 
 Always fun when Daddy gets to join us!
 First day at the pool this summer.  He HATED the water...summer could have been a bust, I was envisioning a very dull, water free summer and it just made me sad, but luckily he has become a little fish!!
 My friend Candice became a momma!! Bryson is absolutely adorable! We are so happy for her and Denny and I am always anxious to get my hands on him!
 Welcome to the world sweet Bryson!

 Loving life at Nonnie and Grumpy's house!
 My friend Lauren, aka the badass pregnant workout buddy from this winter and spring, welcomed her second little one into the world.  Spencer Kate looks just like her brother.  They are a beautiful family of four!
 SK's big brother, Lawson, invited us to celebrate his new title at a Big Bro party at Chuck E. Cheese.  I truly love that place, embarrassing but true!
 Have I only said a million times how much I love living in Fayetteville?!  The Gulley Park Concert series has been a great reason to get together with friends and let all the babies loose i.e. Knox and Miller in the beer cooler.
 We can never have too many wagon wheel rides!
 If you are what you eat...
 Jumping in with Gammie
 We've been taking swim lessons with our bestie Bennett.  This is my favorite picture from the week.  They look like they have just partaken in the Olympic Trials (speaking of...CANNOT WAIT!).
More besties at the Splash Park.  Lawrence Plaza is hands down one of my fav summer locations and its a perfect place to meet Andrew for lunch!

I am going to try to do some catch up posts soon (three month belated birthday, Summer Academy (as Michelle has appropriately named our summer outings), C25K craze and other exciting subjects(may only be exciting in my world))

Sidenote: MILLER IS WALKING!!! Will try to post about that too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for calling me a bad ass :)! Makes me feel tougher than I am! Such a fun summer! maybe the second 6 wks of my maternity we can have sk and miller hang together some.